Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sweet Pickins & More

The retreat was wonderful, as always. It allowed me time to catch up on the Moda Sweet Pickin's Mystery. This pic shows step eight. Meeting is tonight.


The blocks from Redwork Seasons are now sashed and sewn together. This was a free BOTM from Paula Stoddard at Pacific Patchwork. The blocks were quick and fun to stitch. I'm not confident about the two blocks that are sashed with the darker fabric in the top and bottom rows. Should I change those? That paw on the pineapple block is Jasper 'helping' again.


LuAnn from Loose Threads made the Flurry quilt by Kate Spain in a smaller size using a charm pack instead of a layer cake. She was kind enough to post a tutorial with her cutting sizes, etc. Her version was a huge hit at the retreat. I wonder how many will bring one to the next show and tell.

Jasper and Annie pictures just because...

10 comments:

LuAnn said...

Hi Jeanne You sure are getting a lot done. I would love to see photos if anyone makes the Christmas present wall hanging. For some reason your blog isn't scrolling through my reader. I just now saw about Connie's grandson. Please tell her I'm sorry and give her a big hug for me.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your post. I want your cats! LOL

Barb said...

Your red work is just amazing!!

Beth said...

The blocks are beautiful!!Annie is so cute, but Jasper....He is worderful!

Terry said...

Love your blocks! Love your cats too! :0)

Wendy said...

I always enjoy a kitty pictures, they are adorable. Also I wouldn't change the stitchery, the darker colour gives the quilt more interest. I love it!

Judy S. said...

Nice, especially the redwork. Love those kitties, too!

Mama Spark said...

Jack is waving at Jasper!! How have you been?? How about those Tigers??

Quilter Kathy said...

I love love love these little parcels and hope to make up a smaller mini version one of these days!

Susan said...

I hope you didn't change the darker two blocks. I think it needed them.