Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bye Bye June

Can you believe that half of the year is over already? The days just fly by and I can't do anything to slow them down.

I was able to attend Quilt Festival in Shipshewana, IN this month. Wonderful quilts and School House was fun, too. Saw Ricky Tims, Kaye England and Darlene Zimmerman just to drop a few names.


About 30 World War II quilts from the collection of Sue Reich were on display in Hostetler's Hudson Museum. This museum houses the largest collection in the world of early 1900 Hudson cars. The quilts were draped over the front of the cars.



The bakery in the Blue Gate had this cute Bee cake spinning on display. Too cute. We enjoyed a family style meal of chicken and roast beef with all the trimmings after a day of shopping and the quilt show.

On Friday, we attended School House. It felt like the first day in a new school as we looked for our rooms. There were many helpers in the hallways who knew the layout and were eager to assist.

4 comments:

Karen said...

A unique way to display quilts!

LuAnn said...

I know you girls had a great time there. Sorry I had to miss it but hope to get there next year.

Karen M said...

I wish I had known about that quilt festival. Is there a place that lists the dates of quilt festivals? I need to get on the ball and find out about this.

Judy S. said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I agree, the first half of this year was gone in the blink of an eye. Guess that means we're all having fun?