Monday, September 15, 2014

More Project Updates


I've been without a computer for the last week. Although I could have posted from my iPad, I couldn't get the photos I wanted, etc. I'm just not that tech wired to do things differently. Now I think Jim has me back up and running smoothly.

My Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll is now a top ready for quilting! This is one of my favorite quilts from Bonnie Hunter, but it sure has a ton of pieces in it. I felt the need to stay with this one until it was done.


This is my T Quilt from Jo Morton's Little Women Club. I have a bad habit of
thinking that once the top is done, it's off to the next project. This still needs quilting.


Last week was the September Sleep At Home Retreat at The Quilted Cottage.
I caught up with some blocks, sewed on a binding, added borders, added hearts and almost finished my Moda Alpabet quilt. (it is now finished, but I don't have a pic yet)




An area Apple Farm has an outdoor craft show every September. The air is heavy with the aroma of cider donuts. It was a nice day to walk around outdoors. I love the decorations they have located around the farm. Here are
two of my favorites.


Tin can flowers! They were adorable.


Bowling ball bugs! The eyes are the holes in the bowling ball. Love the way the cans and bowling balls were upcycled.

8 comments:

Terry said...

I know a lot of people finish a top and then move on, but thankfully to me a quilt isn't done until it's actually a quilt. With that said, I still have a few UFO's laying around. OK...a lot! LOL

Karen said...

I like the small Jo Morton quilt. The fabrics show well in this design.

Quilter Kathy said...

Glad you're back in blogland!
I heard from friends that the AQS show was awesome!

Kyle said...

All of your quilts are lovely and you've been getting so much done. I miss those Michigan apples and cider. Enjoy some for me.

Deb A said...

Congrats on finishing RRCB! Now you can do the next mystery in November.... right? Lots of pretty projects in the works. Glad the computer issues are resolved - never fun when you are out of touch.

MARCIE said...

I want to comment on everything! What darling things you are making! I love that design from Bonnie. Good for you for getting it done! The little one is darling too. And those bugs! Hilarious!

TLC said...

Hey, I remember you---Do you remember me? ;-)
Great blocks!
Will I see a finished Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll in Shipshewana?

Teri said...

I have been working on some of my older Bonnie UFOs also. My RRCB is still in the box, but I am getting closer with Orca Bay and Orange Crush. Your RRCB looks great.