Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oops

Last Friday was the Halloween party at The Quilted Cottage. We had a smaller turnout this year, but it was still a fun day. I decided to work on the next quilt due for Jo Morton Club. That meant I needed 41 little nine patches in different blues. I had cut my strips beforehand, so I was ready to go. When I reached the 36 finished nine patches mark, I suddenly realized that I had done them wrong. Yikes! Here's a sample of the mistakes and one correct block.


The nine patches were to be set alternately with different 2 3/4" squares of the blues used in the blocks. I had carefully read how wide and how many strips of backgrounds and blues, but then proceeded to sew. After all, I know how to make a nine patch! However, a nine patch can have light corners or dark corners and this quilt was meant to have light corners.


Time for a plan B! Found this Andover print at the shop and decided I liked the
look of the little print with the dark blue niners.


I will have a show and tell at the club's next get-together. Mine will be a variation of the one shown.


I'm linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River today.

6 comments:

Kyle said...

No mistake, just a great variation.

TLC said...

Great job!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Massive wow

Deb A said...

Great way to turn a mistake into a cute quilt! Love the print you selected for the alternate block.

Karen said...

I have sewn nine patches the wrong way also. Good that you found some suitable fabric and could move on.

Kindred Quilts said...

Plan B is a winner!!! I don't think there's a quilter out there who hasn't an "Oops" or two!