Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dear Jane Retreat

broken star top with Jasper sitting on it
Well, here I am not caught up with anything, but I'm leaving in the morning for another retreat. This is the tenth year that retreats have been held in Shipshewana, Indiana for the Dear Jane group. We have Edyta Sitar as our speaker on Friday, so I had to get my Broken Star top into one piece. Jasper gave it his approval sitting. There will be many finished ones for show and tell, too.

October block of the month stitchery from Bea
November block of the month stitchery from Bea

I finished the last two stitcheries from Bea at Capricorn Quilts. Finally, a BOM where I am keeping pace.

Today the mail brought the most wonderful gift from May Britt. She had my name for the polka dot and rick rack swap. I'll have to take pictures after the retreat. Everything she sent is terrific. More on this later.....

21 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

have a wonderful time at your retreat........I have enjoyed Capricorn Quilts BOM but I am behind.......

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Hey you little stitchin heifer--you have an award.

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Jeanne--you have an award on my blog. YYYEEAA A Butterfly Award.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your stitcheries! I look forward to catching up with mine.
Have a great time at retreat!

Libby said...

Have a great time!

Gina said...

Enjoy your retreat. I'm with Jasper. The Broken Star top is gorgeous.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Cathi said...

Have fun. Your little quilt looks wonderful -- no wonder Jasper gave it the kitty paws up approval! And I love your stitcheries.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Enjoy your retreat, love your stitcheries...

sewprimitive karen said...

Is it time again already for your Dear Jane Shipshewana retreat? Be sure to give lots of details, that always sounds like so much fun.

Unknown said...

I am glad that Jasper approved on the top.

Dionne said...

Oh you are soooo lucky! Have a wonderful time on your retreat!!

Nanette Merrill said...

It sounds lovely. And that coming from a dear jane drop out!

May Britt said...

I am so happy the package arrived safely. Enjoy it!!

Beth said...

I loved your works! The stitcheries are s cute! And, you know, I love Jasper!!!

Greenmare said...

I can't wait to see the polka dots and rick rack! have a good time on retreat!!!!!!

hetty said...

Love the Broken Star quilt! Absolutely gorgeous! Have a wonderful time at the retreat.

Hanne said...

Enjoy Shipshewana !!
I'll be there in spirit, keeping my Log Cabin quilt kit next to me :-)

Fabricmom said...

I love the red work. Great job.

Granny Lyn said...

I agree with Jasper, your log cabin star is beautiful!!

have a great retreat! you lucky girl!

Rhonda said...

Lovely Broken Star top and adorable Jasper!
Have fun at the retreat!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I've let myself get behind on my stitcheries. Yours look so good!