Monday, April 19, 2010

April Update

How do people say they are bored or have nothing to do? There are never enough hours in the day or energy in me to do all that I want to do. I've been retreating and shop hopping and sewing every chance I get. The one thing I haven't been keeping up with is my blog. Sometimes I write posts in my mind, but they never see the computer screen. I'll try to do better.



These are the second set of blocks for our Bee's swap. They are 4" finished and are made mainly with Jo Morton fabrics. They're going to make a terrific quilt someday.



The last picture is a bag I made to carry my iron to classes and retreats. It's lined on the sides and bottom with Insulbrite so the iron doesn't have to cool down completely before packing it away.

I enjoyed a wonderful Dear Jane Retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana last week. Connie, Helen and I shopped our way down to Shipshe and were welcomed with temps in the 80s.
How wonderful to see so many talented friends again including Hanne from Norway and Valerie from France. More on the retreat later....

4 comments:

Carol said...

I'm with you...I never understand people that say they are bored. I can never get everything done in a day that I think I can...Love your swap blocks. I just love little blocks.

julieQ said...

Wow, those blocks are so tiny! I love them...glad you had a fun shopping trip. I am dreaming of a dear Jane too.

julieQ said...

I so love those tiny blocks! Very cute indeed...Glad you had a good time shopping on the way...I am dreaming of a Dear Jane quilt!

Greenmare said...

you are sooooooooo right! I always wish I could suck up other peoples "extra time"!! either that or find a hidden day in the weekend that no one else knows about! plus I write tons of great blogs in my head too and never get them down on the computer. They are usually way more entertaining than what turns up there for me!