Sunday, April 25, 2010

Middle of the Mitten Shop Hop




Eight quilt shops participated in the shop hop this year. Our adventure began at 7:15 a.m. on our way to The Ice House in Grayling. Darlene, Connie, Helen and I all fell in love with the calendar quilts in this pattern. Each shop gave out free block patterns for different stars and a kit to make the block was available for purchase. The blocks were sewn together in assorted settings in each shop. I should mention the theme of the hop was stars. The shops all had unique interpretations. The Quilted Cottage had beds (sleeping under the stars) set up (including a cot in a tent) and all of the workers wore pajama pants. Connie and I were asked to volunteer and dressed in a modest shade of pink. At lunch, one woman exclaimed, "Oh, there's two of you!"

The watermelon quilt kit that is peeking out in the pajama picture also came home with me. That will be a fun quilt to sew at the next retreat. The last picture is a sample I sewed for the shop. It's a Country Threads pattern called The Farm House.

Although we didn't get to see each other, Kathy also shopped the hop with her mom and sister. Check her post for more details.



11 comments:

Barb said...

Love it...love it all...

Kathy A. said...

Oh that looks like such fun! Love those pink PJ's.

Desi said...

How fun! I've run into a pal at a shop hop but not travelled in a pack.

Gina said...

Great pics. We don't have shop hops over here in the UK and I'm so jealous of you. Mind you my bank account is grateful

Love and hugs Gina xxx

julieQ said...

We had a shop hop here too, and each shop gave a table runner pattern...it was fun! Glad you got to go.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are adorable in your matchy pink outfits! So sorry I missed seeing you :(
You sample of the farmhouse quilt turned out great!
But I notice that you did not confess all your purchases...surely you bought more than the watermelon kit?!?

Karen said...

Love the house quilt!

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

Modest shade of pink. I love that picture! Your sample quilt is very cute. Such a talented artist! I put the chicken challenge up on my blog so folks can see a picture of the results...and us, of course!

Terry said...

Oh look at all that quilty goodness! :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanne, our shop hops are a little different here......love your pink outfits...enjoyed the post...Hugs Lyn

BizarreQuilter said...

Oh The Farm house is cute. Who is the pattern by?