Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday

My prayers go out to all those in harm's way of Hurricane Irene.

My 36 patch blocks continue to grow in number. I may just keep making them until I tire of the block.


I belong to a group called "The Lunch Bunch" which meets monthly at The Quilted Cottage. Sandie, our leader, is always coming up with fun things to do. Last month we brought in scraps of fabric in a brown paper bag and swapped them out. We were to add one fabric of our own to the bag of scraps we drew and make a mug rug for that person. This last Thursday was our big reveal day. The mug rug I made was for Bonnie. I paperpieced a cup and saucer, added a B and four friendship stars. Sandie had my scraps. She used the flowers in one of the fabrics as a resting place for a yellow bird. On the right she sewed a pocket to hold silverware or a tea bag. This was a fun exchange!



4 comments:

Talin's Corner said...

Sounds like a fun exchange. The bird mug rug is so cute. I love it.

LuAnn said...

I just love those 36 patches...so far I have been able to resist. My husband was in NC on business in the path of the hurricane and flew home on Friday night. He is going back tomorrow morning so not sure what he will find. Hope you are bringing those 36 patches to Shipshe.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your 36 patch blocks! They are so fun to sew, eh?
What a great idea for quilty swap!

Greenmare said...

what a great group!!!! how fun for you all!