Friday, January 6, 2012

New Starts

No, I obviously don't have enough UFOs waiting to be finished as I felt compelled to start a few new projects. First is the Just Take 2 from Brenda Papadakis and Gay Bomers. I've purchased background fabric, but will use the reds in my stash. On the 1st of each month, Gay will post patterns at Sentimental Stitches and on the 15th, Brenda will post patterns on the Dear Jane website. You might want to check it out.

Lori at Humble Quilts is doing another quilt-along. This time I'm not waiting to join in. Finished my six little (4.5") blocks this morning. The pink is not as bright as the photo shows. I couldn't get the camera to cooperate.


I also printed out several pages of the paper pieced little houses from Jeanneke and hope to make a few of those, too.

A couple of other things have been downloaded, but that's as far as I got. Maybe I should be locked up...in a room with my machine and internet and stash!

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks like fun! I don't have anything to work on...LOL!
I should start something new too!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Both of those look like fun. I saw Gay's but it looked like a little too much piecing for me. Still I love the red and white. Looking forward to seeing your projects develop.

antique quilter said...

great little blocks, I am going to make that quilt too!
love your pink you chose.
Kathie

Julie in the Barn said...

I think you & I have the same pink fabric. I don't have any good cheddar so I need to make a fabric run this week. I may do it with poison green instead. Need to buy that, too.