Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!



I spent a fabulous few days at The Jane Stickle Quilt Retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana last week. One hundred and twenty quilters from all over the world sewing, laughing and sharing all in the same room! On Thursday evening, over
half of us donned our pink, sewing themed pajamas from Target and had our photo taken together. That's a lot of pink in one place!


On Saturday, we watched all day as the first snowfall blanketed the area and kept us inside for the most part.



At this retreat many of us sewed little dresses and shorts for children in Africa. The final total was almost 50 dresses and 7 shorts. This is one of the clotheslines that was hung.


Finally, a couple of pictures from Yoders Department Store. Five quilt blocks on the outside of the building and oodles and oodles of pre-cuts waiting inside.



                                       Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

moosecraft said...

Everyone looks so cute in their matching pajamas! Great idea for a pic! Yoders looks to be an awesome quilt shop... sure wish I was close enough to visit!

Ruth said...

What fun! Can't imagine that many women working on the DJ quilt in one place, but I would love it as I'm working on it by my lonesome. I will finish through Row F this month!

Karen said...

How pretty the snow is. Not that I want any of it but it is pretty. How did you all end up with the same pink pajamas?

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Love the pink pajamas! My momma was a sewer all her life and I just got those same pj's for her when I last visited. You all look like you had a great time and did great things for others, too. Well done!!!