Sunday, March 2, 2008
Challenge blocks & Stash Report
Remember those challenge blocks I was appliquing here? I finally decided what sashing strips I was going to use between the blocks after driving my family and friends nuts with options. Yesterday I attached the borders, today I mitered the corners and tonight I just finished basting it. The border color doesn't show well in the picture. It isn't as dark as it looks. Here comes Annie to see what the board is all about. Now I have the rest of March to get it quilted and bound in time for The Habitat for Humanity Auction. Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the fabrics I had to use to make these blocks. (My camera battery is dead tonight.)
So for the stash report - no new fabric bought! The fabrics for the sashing, borders and backing were all from my stash. Not a big amount, but something.
I had planned to join the Quiltathon this week-end, but it didn't work out this time. Looks like people made good use of their time at the sewing machines and finished quite a few projects.