I finished sewing nine patches for the second charity quilt made using the Disappearing Nine Patch pattern (DNP). There are endless possibilities with this pattern depending on how many different fabrics are used, where they are positioned in the block, and how the segments are sewn back together. I chose to keep the four corners the same and the center square the same for my twelve blocks. I cut the squares at 4 1/2" - 48 of the focus fabric and 12 of each of the other five. The cutting, sewing, pressing and re-cutting goes very quickly. I will wait for another day to sew the blocks together. For now, I'm just happy to have something usable from these fabrics.
I tried to add this on my sidebar, but it gets cut off. Since I'm not that techno minded to know how to reduce the size of it, I am putting it in my post. This is a very bright and happy looking quilt. It could be yours if you leave a comment on Dana's blog.
Rhonda from Doxies on my quilt gave me this lovely award this morning. Thank you, Rhonda. I am honored.
The rules are as follows:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog/
2. Link to the person you received your award from
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Put links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you have nominated
I read so many wonderful blogs I would find it very difficult to choose only seven so I will break the rules and nominate anyone who reads this.