Tuesday, July 1, 2008

One Down


like the first picture, but a different angle

My first project is finished! You may remember the tablerunner top I made awhile back. It was the perfect thing to get me going for Peg's Finish Five Challenge. It is now quilted, bound and on our kitchen table in time to celebrate the 4th of July. I found a patriotic chicken fabric in my stash for the backing. The runner is a smaller version of a pattern called Pride and Glory. Before I got a chance to start it, Jim came home from one of his garage sales with a bag full of cut fabric squares. There were enough red, white/tan and blue prints to make the runner, just a bit smaller.

red, white and blue tablerunner that resembles our flag

this one show the partriotic chicken backing fabric

My next UFO to tackle is a churn dash wallhanging from Jo Morton's Little Women Club - Year One. It's been sewn and basted and is waiting for me to finish it. I'm working my way from small projects to bigger ones.

20 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Good for you. Just in time to use it, too.

G'G'ma said...

Very nice, and just in time for the 4th!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow you only just signed up...well done and it looks fantastic..

Unknown said...

I also begin on the smallest and work my way up. Your tablerunner is great.

Andee said...

It looks great!

Judy S. said...

Great table runner, Jeanne; I love it!

Michelle said...

Your runner is inspiring! I have the exact runner made, but it's not quilted yet or the stars added. Seeing yours makes me want to pull out mine and finish it up! Your's looks great BTW!!

G'G'ma said...

Thanks for the visit. Our group meets most Tuesdays in my basement. We don't have our own church building yet.

Ruthie said...

Your table runner is SO CUTE! Good job on finishing it.

Carol said...

What a wonderful finish...and perfect timing! LOVE IT!

Lise in Norway said...

Jeanne This one I really liked Lovely

Elly D said...

I love your table runner Jeanne :-D

I can't help but notice we tend to follow each other around when blog hopping ;-D

Elly

sewkalico said...

Well done! It's great. How fantastic that someone thinks to bring you fabric home from garage sales :-)

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a great quilt to help celebrate July 4th!
Aren't you so happy you finished it?!?!
I'm thinking I should've signed up for that challenge, since it seems to be great motivation!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

WOO! HOO! Well done! One down, four to go! Had a particularly funny mental picture of a patriotic chicken!! Imagining a chicken dressed as Yanky Doodle with drum and/or fife, tri-corn hat and carrying a flag - not sure how the chicken will carry all of these things, since chickens have neither hands nor thumbs to grab things!! Hmmm, perhaps it's time I got some sleep and stopped having strange mental pictures!!! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Mary Johnson said...

Perfect timing - it's really cute too. I need to get back to work on some of my personal UFO's but I don't expect to get one finished for a couple months - there are other quilts to be worked on first.

Rhonda said...

What lovely tablerunners. I love tablerunners but never get around to making any for myself. Great job!

Karen said...

Great table topper!

Rose Marie said...

I'm glad that I signed up for Peg's challenge. If you only finish the one item .... you are a winner. Glad that you were able to finish it in time for your celebration.

MARCIE said...

Jeanne, I adore that R-W-B table runner! Very cute!