Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Little Stitching

love to sew stitchery in blue thread
Alie and her cake
decorated table at Alie's shower
There isn't much sewing going on lately in my house, but I did finish this cute stitchery that I received from May Britt in her polka dot exchange package. The fabric had the design printed on it so it was ready to go. I'm not sure if I will frame it or use it in a bag, but I sure enjoyed doing the stitching while watching the Tiger ballgames.

Last Saturday, Connie, Lori, Judy and I (the Aunts) gave a bridal shower for our niece, Alie. She and Andy will be married in August. Alie's colors are hot pink and orange which was fun to use in our decorating. We had gerbera daisies in the chosen colors for the tables and they became the prizes.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The table and the bride-to-be both look beautiful.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely stitchery and the table looks great........

Beth said...

The stitchery is perfect!
The table colors are very different, but the effect is beautiful!

Lea said...

I love your stitchey! It's so lovely.
Also your niece Alie is so beautiful and looks so happy. Congratulations! :-)

Lurline said...

Cute stitchery and gorgeous bride and shower-tea setting - love hot pin and orange, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Judy S. said...

Nice to see some different bridal colors! She'll be a beautiful one. Loved that stitchery, too.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the stitchery and your niece is a cutie.

*karendianne. said...

I love that color combo. One day I'm going to make an Orange colored quilt but that has nothing to do with this wonderful photo of the bride to be. She's so beautiful!!! ...and of course your stitchery. Very cuteamous and I like how you put your glasses in the photo because, well, that's most of us isn't it? ...but I'm wondering where are Annie and Jasper?

Quilter Kathy said...

What a pretty table you set! Love the gerberas!

Mary Johnson said...

Wow, the hot pink and orange look much better together than I would have expected.

Unknown said...

The decorations are so cheerful.

May Kristin said...

Congratulations to the bride to be!
The table is beautiful, it looks like something my daughter would pick, she loves strong colours!
Cute stitchery, look forward to see how it ends!

Solstitches said...

That stitchery design is just so cute.
What a beautiful bride to be your niece is!

The Rabbit Factory said...

What a lovely combination of colors...so fresh just like the flowers!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Jeanne that is just lovely, it looks great in blue..and very nice table decorations...

Nanette Merrill said...

She's a beauty. Much luck to them.