Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday

It's been a busy week-end. Friday started out with Clothesline Club and then Quilt Red's Christmas party. The theme for CC was yo-yos.


Friday evening was the Fantastic Friday Christmas Party. (more good food) At each table was a Christmas fat quarter, a charm and some candy. I finished the present quilt that LuAnn at Loose Threads kindly gave directions for on her blog here. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and an evening of sewing or knitting.

Have you seen those ruffled scarves? It's almost impossible around here to get the yarn to make them. Luckily, I secured a few skeins while in Shipshewana last month. (and I don't even knit)

Yesterday, I finished the applique for my snowmen noses. Now it's ready to baste and quilt.


And tonight was our Christmas Concert at church. Jim and I sang in the choir and Jim also played hand bells. IMNSHO, it was a very nice concert.

Can you believe there's only two weeks until Christmas? We don't even have our tree up! Anything baked has been taken somewhere, so no progress on that front either. I'd better get busy this week.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Sounds like your having a great holiday time already-getting together and enjoying evenings out-nice.
loving those snowmen!
I'm almost in cookie baking mode, it gets harder every year, now that the boys aka: cookie monsters, are moved out it becomes my job to eat them...not good. They also were the ones always saying 'when are you going to start making cookies??'

West Michigan Quilter said...

Those quilts are beautiful. Love the yoyos. I don't have the patience for them, but love the look. Those snowmen are so cute!

Greenmare said...

sounds like a lovely time. hope you have a fabulous holiday Jeanne!