Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday Stars



Last Thursday, my sister, Connie and I went shop hopping through seven quilt shops in Michigan. Each shop gave us a block charm with a letter on it. When they are put on a bracelet, QUILTER is spelled. Each shop had specials, discounts and snacks. The theme for the hop was "Seven Sisters" and a quilt was hung in each shop made from the same pattern. A section of the pattern with fabric was available for purchase at each place. We had a great time.

I'm playing catch-up today with Judy's one hour stars. It's a good thing she doesn't post steps on the week-end. The main fabric I'm using has been in my stash almost from the beginning of my quilting time. It's definitely ready to use now. Here's a couple of the stars from this afternoon.

9 comments:

Sweet P said...

Hi Jeanne and welcome to the world of blogging. How cool to get block charm for a bracelet on the Shop Hop.

You have a very nice stash and I can imagine how mixed up it can get when you start a project.

A football and baseball fan, huh? So am I. Red Sox, Patriots, Twins and Vikings are my favorite teams. We live and breath football and baseball in my house (golf too).

Patti said...

I recognize your focus fabric! I had some like it in my stash years ago. I'm pretty sure all that's left are a few scraps in the scrap bin. How nice that you are finally using it!

Anne Ida said...

A shop hop sounds like a lot of fun! It must be great to have that many quilt shops in reach:-) Your stars look great! I wish I had the time to join in the one hour a day of quilting, but maybe later... Have fun!

Ruth's Place said...

The shop hop sounds like great fun. I envy you having so many quilting stores close by. I like the star blocks.

May Britt said...

This shop hop must be great. It's sad our quiltshops in Norway are so far from eachother that such a thing would not be possible here. But we got a great quiltshop where I live so I am spoiled.
PS: Thanks for your concern on my car accident. Going to the dr toda. But I am so happy I am ok.

May Britt said...

Just another comment. Please check your profile in blogger to see if you have marked "show my emailadress" Because you come up with no reply in our mails, and it is difficult to answer your mails.

Diana said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! What a great idea with the charms at the shop hop.

dot said...

I like the look of your blocks. You can go so many different directions with fabric color choices for the stars. This is going to turn out nicely. I look forward to the completed top.

Cynthia said...

your blocks look very nice. I'm not joining in with the challenge this time so i will enjoy seeing everyone elses.