Friday, May 11, 2007

Strippy Friday



Yippee! I finally finished some Heartstrings blocks! The bad news - you can't tell that anything has been used from the bag of strips I started out with this afternoon. Do they multiply while you are sewing or when you are trimmming the blocks? I used mostly strips I had cut for my Mumbo Gumbo challenge with yellows for the other side and purple down the middle. Not sure how I will set the blocks or how many I will make. There's lots of strips still to use.


Yesterday I worked getting our local quilt show ready for the 4:00 opening. If you are near mid Michigan, stop over to Valley Plaza in Midland and check out the quilts. There are about a dozen or so vendors as well as a silent auction, raffle quilt and small quilt auction tomorrow afternoon. The link has all of the information you may need.

7 comments:

Granny said...

Can't wait to see how you put your strips together! Wish I was going to be in your area to attend the show but . . not gonna happen. Y'all have fun!!!

Elaine Adair said...

I just can't get enough of strips and strings - will be happy to see what develops.

Today, at work, I cut up old telephone book pages to size -- about 5 1/2 x 9, to make foundations for more string-things ...

Thanks for the photo, and incentives to just keep stringling along.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love your strings! Beautiful colors and very eye pleasing.

Unknown said...

Clicked on the link to your quilt show - that's a very pretty raffle quilt

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Awesome string blocks!! Good luck with the show...

Bonnie

Mary Johnson said...

Your string blocks look great - can't wait to see the finished top.

Patti said...

I swear strips, strings and crumbs all breed in the dark of night in the sewing room when we are asleep. The more strings and strips I pull from my box the fuller it gets!!!!