Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Getting there

I'm stitching the fourth triangle border on my baby Jane quilt now. One of these days I'll surprise you with a picture of the completed top. It isn't difficult at all, just tedious work. And I am often and so easily distracted. I have an urge to start a new project, but so far, I'm resisting. The stitcheries of the ladies posted on several blogs are calling my name for sure. Then there's all of the Jo Morton patterns I want to do, also.

I've received my name for the SSCS on Chookyblue's blog. There are eighty participants from around the world. I need to read through the blog of the name I've been given for her likes and dislikes in order to get an idea of what to make for her.

On Sunday, Mike, Simone, Jim and I went to Greenville to watch JJ and his friend, Tim in a talent contest that was part of the Danish Festival. They did great and were presented with 2nd Place and $100 prize money. Camp Tuhsmeheta is done for the summer, so JJ came home with us to visit for a few days before heading back to Kalamazoo.

JJ & Tim on stage after hearing they won 2nd place
I'm trying to link my Webshots to the side of my blog, but it won't work for some reason. I keep getting an error and the URL showing up instead of a clickable link.

4 comments:

~Bren~ said...

I can't wait to see your Jane quilt. I am tired of tedious myself and want to work on something fun!

corry said...

I love surprises... a picture of your finished Jane quilttop, can't wait!

Mary Johnson said...

I can't help you with the webshots link. I switched my photos to Picaso and they make it pretty easy to show the album.

Pam said...

Your Dear Jane looks fabulous!! Very inspirational for me. I started one about 16 months ago and I have 34 blocks done so far. A long way to go! I love to see when the are completed. Are you going to hand quilt it?