Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas & Stash Busting Report 3

angel announcing and you shall call His name Jesus
Merry Christmas to all my family and friends both in and out of Blogland. It came sooner this year than ever before. Is that possible? May you feel God's love as you celebrate the gift of His Son!

I forgot again to report Sunday on my stash busting, but last week no fabric entered my house. I did make one pillowcase and two potholders from my stash and wrapped the potholders in a FQ of my fabric. So I did make some progress! The pillowcase was made from Raggedy Ann & Andy fabric, but I didn't take a picture. For the potholders, I used the double handled basket pattern from Jo Morton's book "Vintage Charm" and added a border.

double handled potholders in brown and tan colors

13 comments:

Susan said...

I love that pattern, and anything in brown and off-white looks good. Merry Christmas!

antique quilter said...

What a wonderful idea to use a block to make potholders, I love that block! I have that book too.
I have actually seen the antique quilt that quilt was based on.
Wonderful quilt and someday would love to make a quilt with that block.
good for you on your stashbusting.
Kathie

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Jeanne, I have a similar Jo Morton basket quilt partially cut out in browns and creams. Love to see yours made up.

Merry Christmas!

CONNIE W said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful day! cw

Yvonne said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Jeanne! Love the potholders. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the quilt you won!
Merry Christmas Jeanne!

susan opel said...

Merry Christmas from the Opels in Toronto, ON, Canada!

Erin said...

Jeanne Merry Christmas to you too! I love the potholders too! very nice!

Nana B said...

I'm new to this blog thing but I notice many of you talking about using up stash. I have a suggestion, use your stash to make Quilts of Valor for our wounded military. google on the internet to find a chapter close to you. It is such a wonderful use of fabric, you can use up the old stuff, they don't care, they are just so happy that someone has thought enough to make a quilt for them. We have a very active group in Minnesota, and the requirements are simple. A lap size with a matching pillow case and a label, letters too if you want.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great idea! I have a few of those blocks made from Jo's pattern.

Libby said...

Hope your Christmas was filled with joy and delight!

Rhonda said...

Great idea for gifts. I'll have to remember it for next year.

Unknown said...

Those potholders are beautiful.