Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Report on Retreating

Lucky me! I was fortunate to attend another quilting retreat at The Springs in Gladwin. This time we had a new record attendance of 75 ladies who sewed, shopped, ate and laughed a week-end away. On Sunday, we took a hayride around the property and some brave souls rode the zip line over the river. (not me)
The Quilted Cottage always sets up a little shop in one corner of the downstairs sewing room. They aren't usually dressed this way, but are always cute. They are Jackie and Stacy (owners) and Julie (store manager). I was pretty controlled this time in what I bought. On the left is pillowcase fabric from the breast cancer awareness line. Remember the Snap Happy Bags? Now there are Snap Happy Totes! The other pattern is a cute table topper that can be made for any occasion.

pillowcase fabric and two patterns bought at the retreat
Connie and I worked on more gingerbread potholders which will become shower and Christmas gifts. Connie got a great start on her little stars wallhanging and I turned my nine patches into Sister's Choice blocks.
12 Gingerbread potholders
Connie working on her little star blocks using Jo Morton fabrics
18 Sister's Choice quilt blocks for Grandma and Grandpa's Christmas quilt
The last picture shows one of the dorm rooms. The Quilted Cottage adopted the room and seven groups of ladies made seven quilts for the beds. The bed at the top left has the quilt made by Connie, Helen and me.
Quilts made by us for the dorm room beds at The Springs

10 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

retreats are always wonderful........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like you all had the best time...I just love retreats we are going on one this weekend.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Looks like you had a fun time. I love retreats. Looks like a great place for a retreat.

Elsie Montgomery said...

This was a lot of fun... glad you had such a good time. I love the two pictures of quilts in the making!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like a great time!

Purple Pam said...

I love quilting retreats. You had quite a big group. The largest retreat I have attended is 40 quilters. It is such fun to see all the different projects being made by everyone. That is the best part for me.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness... that is WAY too much fun you lucky duck! Now why didn't you try the Zipline?!?
I am going to make some of those potholders this year if I can remember. Love the sister's choice blocks!

Kim said...

love the blocks and the pot holders....

julieQ said...

I am glad you had fun. I made those exact gingerbread potholders a couple years ago...aren't they fun?

MARCIE said...

Love those Sister's Choice blocks. They are one of my favorite blocks! So glad you had a nice time at your retreat!