Friday, November 9, 2007

Clothesline Club & Four Seasons Quilt Swap

table with tea cups and muffins
Yesterday was the first meeting of The Clothesline Club at The Quilted Cottage. We were told that we are the first club in Michigan. Stacy, our leader, gave us some history about feedsacks and aprons. She also brought aprons from her family to share with us. We enjoyed a cup of tea and muffin while listening to the outline of what to expect each month. Our free pattern this time was a pillow with a teapot and a needle card with redwork on the cover. For purchase, we could buy a kit to make a tea cozy with a fan design and a pattern for a reversible apron. You can see by my picture that I opted for the whole caboodle this month. The kit included the tea cozy pattern, fabrics and a ruler. The red and yellow fabrics towards the bottom are for my reversible apron. I have a whole month to finish the two projects.

basket filled with patterns and fabrics for the apron and tea cozy

It's time to sign up for the winter part of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap. I think there are at least 50 already committed to this swap. Don't miss out.

9 comments:

Jan said...

The Clothesline Club sounds like such fun!!Enjoy all your new things and have fun making them!

Kim said...

have fun with the club- can't wait to see what you make :)

Unknown said...

This seems to be fun, you will have a lot to do.

Libby said...

Sounds like the club is a fun one . . . it will be fun to see your projects as they come along *s*

Tanya said...

It looks like you're going to have fun and stay busy! I'm having trouble finishing my already started projects...How I'd like to starts some redwork or a new quilt. Your kits look fun!

Sweet P said...

The Clothesline Club looks great. You will enjoy your goodies from it. Too bad there's only one shop in New Hampshire that currently has the club and it's an hour away from me. :(

Unknown said...

And you've just won another giveaway over at Judiths blog (Smokey from the Netherlands) Talk about a winning streak......

Solstitches said...

Oooh Jeanne that club sounds like just the best fun ever.
I love that you are going to make an apron. I love aprons!
I've never done a tea cosy but like the idea of that too.
I am really going to enjoy hearing about your club visits and seeing how your projects turn out.

Margaret

Finn said...

Love that you bought it all Jeanne!!! "In for a penny, in for a pound", I say! Why not enjoy ALL of it, and I'm sure you will. I can hardly wait to see the creations you gals will be making! Hugs, Finn