Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pay It Forward Sign Ups

Pay It Forward logo
I now have three participants for the PIF I posted earlier this month. Mel, Beth and Paula. If you are still interested in playing, click on over to one of their blogs and sign up. Let's keep the fun going.

This morning, the local quilt shop, The Quilted Cottage called to say there had been cancellations for the Friday night sew tomorrow. Looks like both Connie and I got in so we'll be eating out and working on those churn dash blocks again.

There's been no sewing here this week, but I have been cleaning and clearing things from my sewing room. It gets so cluttered that I can't even work in it. -- One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries. --A.A. Milne

I've been adding feeds to my Bloglines in hopes it will shorten the amount of time it takes to check my favorites. Is it correct that I still have to go to the Blogline page to check for new entries or can I be notified by emails? This part is still fuzzy to me.

This is my 96th post. I'm getting close to that 100 number and will have a giveaway or two for those that comment on my 100th post. Be sure to check back.

2 comments:

Susan said...

When I used Bloglines, yes, I had to go directly to the page and see the updated blogs. Now I use Google Reader, which is the same, but I find it much more user friendly. And it updates my own blogs, which Bloglines hardly ever does! Now I want a reader that allows me to comment from the feed, not have to click on the blog page. =)

In livejournal, you can get an e-mail when someone on your friends page updates, if you choose that option, but that isn't because of a RSS feed.

Kim said...

I use Google Reader. All of my blog subscriptions are listed there and the updates as they come in. I think you can click on the post header to go in and make a comment without opening the entire blog. I don't do the e-mail notice, I find it isn't necessary. I use Google mail, also. I run everything with Firefox. This set-up works well for me. Do you refresh your blog after each added post or change to your blog to update it?