Friday, June 20, 2008

Blogging Bonus

What a great day! Yesterday, fellow blogger and quilter, Pam (mamaspark) and I met each other for the first time at Linda's Country Quilts in Davison. We chose this place as it was sort of in between us as far as distance traveled. Linda and the ladies who were sewing in the classroom were very friendly and insisted we share our show and tell. Pam brought the Texas Longhorn quilt she designed and sewed for her son. Isn't it terrific? Somehow I managed to click the photo the one second that Pam wasn't smiling. Sorry, Pam. She is such a delightful person and so full of energy. There was never a lull in the conversation and the time just flew by too quickly.

Pam's Texas Longarm quilt
I found some terrific fabrics at Linda's. Some were even in the sale room which makes them almost free. Also had to buy two more tote bag patterns. Pam thinks I'll have them done in no time.

fabric and tote patterns from Davison

Next I followed Pam (picture taken through my dirty front windshield) to Fenton where we stopped at Quilter's Garden Quilt Shop. This was the first time I had been there which is always fun. Pam twisted my arm so I had to buy these books. She found more red fabrics for her new project and I bought the red and green pieces in the photo picture, in addition to the books.
back of Pam's vehicle with a big Michigan State S on the bumper

two quilt books bought in Fenton

Pam and I at The French Laundry
front of The French Laundry
We enjoyed a delicious lunch at The French Laundry in Fenton. Another new place for me and the food was wonderful. (Pam took pictures of our lunch) Before we left, Pam shared and forced me to eat a chocolate chip brownie that was delicious.

Two of our cats, Pam's Jack and my Jasper are possibly twins separated at birth. Jasper was all cuddly last night and wanted to know all of the details of my day with Jack's mom. If you get the opportunity to meet a fellow blogger, do it. It's a blogging bonus.

27 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Well, isn't this just the coolest thing in the whole wide world? I have a feeling that you two will do this again... I'd have to save up my $$, sounds like Pam could get me in big trouble!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure!

Mama Spark said...

It really was a great day. And *no* arm twisting was done, LOL. We really need to make a plan to do this again sometime, (at a different place of course).

Nanette Merrill said...

What a sweet day!! I can't think of a better way to spend a day. I met a blogger Wednesday and it was delightful. Love the pictures.

Sheryl said...

Looks like a fun day! There is no more fun for a quilter than enabling--I mean shopping--with another quilter! I'm glad Pam "made" you buy those books and eat that dessert!

sewkalico said...

What a great day! I'm quite envious :-) That really is a blogging bonus!! I would love to meet lots of the bloggers whose blogs I read. Don't think I could afford to meet Pam though LOL

Mary Johnson said...

I so agree that meeting bloggers face to face is fun. I had such a great time the day Irene and I met in Toronto and we didn't even shop - just had lunch and coffee and talked for a couple hours straight.

I've also met VickiW once before and we're going to meet again in a couple weeks when I'm in VA visiting Mom - we're both bringing our Mom's too - how fun will that be? Not to leave anyone out - I met JudyL last year and this year t MQS I met a bunch of quilters from the MQResourses list including Suzanne Early - lots of fun!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Really nice, Jeanne....you drove right past my house and didn't even stop! I live right on M-15, six miles north of Davison. I would have made lunch even! Hehehehhehehe....
Regina

Patti said...

I've been fortunate enough to meet several bloggers - as you say, it's just the best thing in the world!

Quilter Kathy said...

What great fun! Thanks for letting your blogger friends tag along!
Enjoyed seeing your Capricorn BOM's...I must get going on mine. I have had them traced and ready for weeks, just no time.
How's your OC coming along??

Myra said...

Hi Jeanne!
Sounds like a lovely day!
I see you bought "The X Bag" pattern. I've made two of them. One for DD#2 with Turtle fabric, and one for me. I will post the photos of them later today.
Happy stitchings!

Rhonda said...

Indeed, that is a great day and a blogging bonus!

Arlette said...

Jeanne, I loved browsing your blog. Your quilts and fabric crafts are just wonderful. The kitty pictures sure brought a smile to my face. I can't believe how much they really enjoy being near you or right on top of you. So cute! My kitty rather be by himself. Quite the opposite of your two.
Aloha!

Libby said...

New friends, quilts shops and good food . . . a great day for sure *s*

julieQ said...

What fun to actually meet! That Texas longhorn quilt is so wonderful, I just made one for my son too. Lots of fabric out these days for Texas quilts!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Isn't it just great when you get to meet fellow bloggers?? I love it!!!

Unknown said...

I would love to meet you all. This sure sounds like a great day.

Unknown said...

What a great looking quilt. Glad to hear you were having fun! Jo x

Anne Heidi said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! And a girl can never have enough bag patterns!!!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Jeanne! Oooooh! Quilters roadtrip, what fun!! Yep, I agree! I've now met a couple of fellow bloggers in person (and trying hard to plan a couple of others!) and have made great new friends. It's interesting to find out that there are so many of us who are sisters who were obviously stolen by Gypsies at birth and spread all around the world - because just one small area would never have coped with us all in one spot! Tee! Hee! Hee! Loved the longhorn quilt, too!!! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

sounds so cool...what a fun time! good food, good fabric finds and meeting a good friend :)

Karen said...

Jeanne,your meeting a quilting blogger, shopping and eating out sounds wonderful! Sounds like you got some good deals!
Karen

~Bren~ said...

The books you got look wonderful. I love those kind!!
How great to meet a blogging buddy.

Roslyn said...

Guess you're not on No Buy either,LOL. Glad I am NOT alone!
Roslyn

bingo~bonnie said...

Some were even in the sale room which makes them almost free.

That's the first time I've heard it put that way - but I completely understand ya! ;)

Glad you two had a great day together! I've dreamed of meeting Mary Johnson before, does that count? LOL

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Hannies Annies said...

well that is so nice you and Pam had a great time! Her Texas quilt is gorgeous, the patterns look wonderful to make and I love the fabrics!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing.

~Niki~ said...

The French Laundry seems like just my kind of restaurant. What a fun day you had! Quilty hugs! niki