Friday, June 27, 2008

Garden Walk 2008

Yesterday my sister, Connie and I went on the Bay City Garden Club annual walk. It was a hot and muggy day, but we got a good start when it first opened. This year they included a judged flower show at the new library downtown. We saw so many beautiful flowers and plants. One home even had a putting green in their backyard!

backyard putting green
Golfing statue among flowers
golfbag filled with flowers


















I love the hostas and geraniums under the trees and in the secret garden.

hosta plants and geraniums under trees
hosta plants in a shaded setting








On a quilting note, I have cut the fabrics needed to do Hanne's strip challenge. I haven't started yet, because I promised myself to finish something first. It has an September deadline - plenty of time. The pattern is called Golden Summer and is in the latest Scraps Quilts magazine from McCall's Quilting. I love to start a challenge. I need more challenges to finish. I should be signed up for Peg's Finish Five.

storage container for Hanne's summer strip challenge with fabric all cut and ready to sew

10 comments:

Lise in Norway said...

Your photos looks so nice .I just told Stina I love her nature photos The golfbag is gorgeous

sewkalico said...

Cool 'golf' garden :-)
I know, i should have joined the finish five challenge, but I need to be realistic ~LOL

Cheryl said...

I won't even let my husband see that putting green!! What a nice day you had. sounds like you have lots quilty going on!

Greenmare said...

oh what lovely gardens! and what a fabulous day with a blog buddy! I have been so blessed in the same manner and I completely agree with you about meeting up with another blogger!
the kitties are just adorable, and they know it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful garden pictures.

Yvonne said...

The gardens are lovely....what a great day to share with your sister. Good luck with your challenges. :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic photos....and may be you should sign up for my little challenge...LOL

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey jeanne! I joined Peg's challenge and it's certainly motivating me to get my butt into gear and get stitching!! One down, four to go!! Loved the golfing garden - won't show my Dad as he might decide a putting green in his yard is a great ida - and my Mum will kill me! Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Gina said...

What lovely gardens.
there's still time to sign up with Peg. It's amazing how focused I've become since signing up.

Love and hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Love those garden photo's...wow how nice. I would love to have my lawn looking like a golf course though. Jo x