Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Second Tuesday in June

I think we have enough rain for awhile now. Yesterday, Connie, Mary and Jane came over for our monthly bee. Connie had just arrived and we were talking at the kitchen table when the lights flickered on and off a few times, ending with the off. Great! No air, fan or lights. Jim came home and got the generator going until the power came back. Luckily, it wasn't out too long. There are many area homes still without power from last Friday's storm. The plants, weeds and lawn are growing by leaps and bounds. We are so fortunate that no flooding or storm damage has happened to us with all of the crazy weather patterns going through.

transfers for stitching and fat quarter bundle of fabric
More fun mail! From Serena came this beautiful bundle of Benartex fat quarters. It looks almost too pretty to unwrap. Catherine sent this package of iron on transfers from her Willow Valley Store. Thank you to both of you!

I haven't sewn the last step for the Orange Crush mystery, but here are the two blocks from the sets I made. The orange is still not thrilling me, but maybe it will grow on me.

four quilt blocks for the Orange Crush mystery
The next picture is my pile of 16 patch blocks from Alycia's "Not too Top Secret Project" instructions. I have the larger four patch blocks almost done and will send the top to Alycia for Quilts of Valor. These blocks went together so quickly and I like the look of the blues.

blue 16 patch blocks for Alycia's quilts of valor

12 comments:

sewkalico said...

Your OC looks great! It's taking me a while to sew the rows together after I finally decided I was going with it as is, even though I too was not convinced, but as it goes together I'm sure you will like it a lot!

Judy S. said...

Glad to hear you escaped the worst of the weather! It's cold and rainy here but nothing compared to what the Midwest's been dealing with. Nice photos of your projects, thanks!

Unknown said...

Isn´t blue and white a classic combination! I am glad to hear that the flooding has not affected you.

Rhonda said...

We've been having some crazy weather here too... not the usual sunny CA!
Lucky You!! More wonderful mail.

Your OC is looking great. I know what you mean about the orange. It takes me awhile to get used to my orange blocks too (and I like orange!). But they do look smashing when you add the spinning star blocks.

That Top Secret quilt is coming along great too! I'm enjoying your progress. :-)

Sheryl said...

Love your Orange Crush blocks! I've been tagged with some interesting questions and now I'd like to tag you, too. Please see my blog for the questions. Thanks!

Kim said...

nice loot you got in the mail.
Your OC looks great. I saved the directions to make "one day" . Too many last minutes quilts in this house lately. I finished 2 tops in 2 days and no umph to load either one this afternoon. Maybe I can get this wall hanging basted for hand quilting tonight so I have something to do in the car tomorrow besides amish tumbling blocks
enjoy your day :)

Unknown said...

Don't you just hate when the power goes off??? It always seems to happen at the worst times. Jo x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your orange crush mysery looks fantastic.........

Cathi said...

You win some great things -- you must have incredible good luck!

Kim said...

Nice prizes you took home! Helps to distract from the outragious weather. I think the earth is trying to spit out all the pollution that we released. Payback time!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love your Orange Crush blocks. Dont you love the stitchery design by Cathy at Willowvalley store??

Sandy said...

Your OC is going well, orange is so not my colour, however, once it is set together it starts to be better behaved .. LOL
You have a nice blog I enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments, much appreciatted.
Sandy in South Australia