Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fantastic Friday Again

pumpkin head quilt block
dark green pillowcase with the words Star Wars and the image of Yoda finished with black and white stripes

Friday evening was another of the Fantastic Fridays at The Quilted Cottage. Connie and I have the best time there and always meet new quilters from the area who add to the pleasure of the evening. The menu for Friday was broccoli/cheese soup in a bread bowl and ice cream sundae for dessert. I brought along several small projects that have been sitting on my table waiting for me to finish. Yes, you are seeing a pumpkin in January. I've wanted to make this little wallhanging for years and finally have the pumpkin part done. The pillowcase will go to my grandson, Ian, who is an avid Star Wars fan. Don't tell him, though, it's a surprise. Both of these projects were made with my stash.

In addition to the pumpkin and pillowcase, I gave my friend, Jane, about six yards of fabric from my stash Thursday when we were sewing Comfort Quilts for the UGRR (Women's Shelter). She has already cut out four Joey bags and 12 Lutheran World Relief school kit bags. She works quickly. Little by little, my stash will get smaller.

9 comments:

Kim said...

OM Goodness!!! I love love love the pumpkin!!! What size is he??? Believe it or not, when I finish the Yogi quilt I need to make a Halloween quilt for the King of Halloween who turned 50 New Years Day. I "think" I have the pattern picked-lol

Silverthimble said...

Just think how far ahead you will be come fall! I love working on seasonal projects!

CONNIE W said...

Sounds like you had a good time and also productive!

Jan said...

Friday sounds like a great time--you got lots of things done!! Way to go!! I love the pumpkin!

Libby said...

Nothing like getting a project complete in plenty of time for the coming season . . . it'll be here before we know it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your Friday night sounds great, and I am sure your grandson will love his pillow case...

Unknown said...

I always envy you when those meetings are in your quilt shop. So your pumpkin will be ready for next Halloween :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like great fun...and also very productive! Can't beat that!

Judith said...

How adorable that pumpkin is.
Did you already receive the box?