Monday, January 7, 2008

Late Again 4 Stash Busting Report

Step 4 units for the mystery quilt
100 hourglass quilt blocks for mystery quilt
I don't know why I am always a day late posting my stash busting report for the previous week. It's not like I have anything to hide. In fact, I went another week without bringing any fabric into the house. (It's not hidden in the garage either) I made 40 units for Step 4 of the mystery quilt and 100 hourglass blocks for Step 5 all from my stash. So it was a good week. I think the Steps are all done for the Carolina Cross Roads Mystery Quilt and Bonnie will begin the assembly instructions later this week. I'm excited to see what the parts will become.

12 comments:

Libby said...

I'm excited to see the quilt, too. I has been fun to see all the components coming together around blogland.

Paula said...

I gave you an award on my blog today. Come by and visit!

Cathi said...

It's fun watching this come together. I can't wait to see the finish!

Calidore said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog regarding my birthday vest.
Lucky you to have finished step five in the Mystery Quilt. I'm starting to panic as I haven't even had time to look at it. Must recitify that before Friday I think.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the colors your using.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on finishing Step 4 of the mystery. I hadn't realised before that you are using green as your accent colour rather than the red. Will be really interested to see it come together because I don't think anyone else is using the colours this way :)

Judy S. said...

Good job using your stash! You are a good role model for me.

I found working on a mystery quilt very difficult and finally realized that I prefer knowing where I'm headed, needing to see the whole forest before each tree.
Yours is looking very nice, and it'll be interesting to see the finished quilt.

Kim said...

I see nothing but progress here. If only we could post to our blogs with one hand and sew with the other simultaneously! I'll work on that...

Unknown said...

This is a mystery...

Tazzie said...

I love the colours you've chosen for your blocks, I can't wait to see this project coming together.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Phyl said...

Jeanne,

I am looking at all the blogs for the CC Mystery and got to stop by and see you:).

This lil tidbit floored me: 'I'm left handed, but can rotary cut with either hand'...WOW~ You go, girl!

Love the colors you chose~

Hugs,

Phyl

Lea said...

Hi, Jeanne! Wow, I love your hourglass blocks and mystery quilt blocks! very lovely colors....
I can't wait too see how you'll put up all these blocks together!!