Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween candy & XStitch

Another month is almost history! I can't keep up.

Projects seem to be moving in slooooooooow motion here lately. The x stitch project is done, though, and this is what it will look like in its frame. I just positioned it in there for the effect. I have several designs waiting for framing and that's a good thing.

I love quilting cross stitch in frame

Today I finally bought the 'official' Halloween candy. We average about four trick or treaters each year so having a large bowl of candy ready for the doorbell ringers is not a necessity here. Besides, if it's bought too early, I eat it. One year, I even bought candies I didn't like thinking the temptation would be gone. Didn't work and I was stuck eating candy I didn't like.

Kari sent pictures of their Halloween adventures the past few days. You can see some of them on her blog. Each year the whole family carves pumpkins and they all dress up.

12 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love it...it looks great! We got our candy over the weekend and of course we've dipped into them. :)

Jan said...

I tried the same thing with the Halloween candy--getting some kind I didn't like, but then ended up eating it, so now I just get what I like and try to stay out of it. Then send the leftovers to DH's work the next day!!!! Your X-Stitch turned out so cute!

Kim said...

Wow I love the stitchery :)
We don't get any kids now that ours are older- except the sweetie next door . I think she just turned 6 ....So I bought her a coloring book, Peanuts Halloween and I got m&m's- my fav.

Nicole & Phil said...

a great cross stitch for your sewing room!
We don't do Halloween, so I don't have the temptation of a bowl of candy! Phew!
Enjoy!

KC Quilter said...

I got a big chuckle about the Halloween candy! We do the exact same thing. If I buy it too early, there's none left by Halloween LOL! We get around 150 trick-or-treaters here so I need A LOT!

Solstitches said...

That's a cute cross stitch finish Jeanne.
I know what you mean about eating the candy you don't like.
Whenever I get a certain box of chocolates all the strawberry creams are left in the box because I don't like them.
Then when I'm desperate, and there's nothing else to eat, they somehow taste OK :)

Margaret

May Kristin said...

What a cute little xstitchery!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the candy, I can´t stop myself if I know of chocolate around.

Carole said...

Your cross stitch turned out lovely! Hope you are having a great Halloween! I'm a tad dissapointed with the number of kids we had this year! Oh well, I did make lots of goody bags for dd's class etc.... Keep well!

Kristie said...

Love your cross stitch, very pretty.

We live on a farm in the middle of the woods so we don't get any trick or treaters here. But I do take the kids in town to trick or treat and we always end up with a load of candy. I usually send it with Hubby to eat on at work and the kids won't stay out of it. But of course I always sneak in for some chocolate.
Kristie

YankeeQuilter said...

Your x-stitch is wonderful. We had about 50 trick-or-treaters here. Very fun.

Hanne said...

Cute xstitch :-)
I did this one too, years back, but I have not framed it or anything. I think I will put it on a box or a book cover or something, some day ;-)