Monday, October 8, 2007

Car Keys & Another Win

view of color from the expressway
clump of trees with fall color
It took almost a week of looking, but finally last night I found my car keys! Someone
put a large pile of folded laundry on top of them on my dresser and left it there for several days. I know I checked that area more than once, but not good enough, I guess.

Kim from A Peach in Stitches just emailed that I won the book she was offering on her blog. I have been winning things all over blogland! So besides viewing all of the wonderful projects everyone posts about, it sure pays to read and comment.

It was like the middle of summer here today instead of fall. Jim and I decided to take a ride up north with the a/c in the car cranked up to high. We were looking for color. The first two pictures were taken through the dirty window of the car going 70 miles an hour, so they could have been better. We stopped in Grayling just in time to see the train which was the inspiration for the one used in the Polar Express movie arrive in town with a load of passengers.
train that inspired the Polar Express
Icehouse Quilt Shop
Fortunately, the train tracks run right behind The Icehouse Quilt Shop which happened to be open. I bought a couple of charm packs and the yo yo maker for hearts.

Tomorrow is Plan Bee with Connie, Jane and Mary at Mary's house and I always look forward to our monthly get-togethers. I'm not sure if I mentioned in an earlier post, but we chose the name Plan Bee because Plan A never works for us.

10 comments:

Anne Ida said...

Oh, how great you found your car keys! -puh! Looks like you had a fun road trip - the pictures are lovely! Love the name of your quilt group :o) Have fun!

Rose Johnston said...

Glad u found ur keys, theres nothing more frustrating than losing something!!! Great photos!!

Libby said...

Keys can be wiley and tuck themselves into the strangest places . . . glad you found yours *s*

Jan said...

Love the name of your quilting group--would you mind if I borrowed it for our group here in Texas? You brought back pleasant memories for me with trip to Grayling and stop at quilt shop because many, many years ago I had been to visit there with my MIL. Thanks!

CONNIE W said...

Enjoyed reading your post! Found keys are wonderful, no matter how they seem to turn up. Once mine were lost, many years ago, and were found in the kids' toy box...never did figure that one out. I'm a fan of Polar Express so seeing the inspiration train is fun.

Carole said...

I love trains! Thanks for the ride! ;o) Keep well!

Debi said...

So glad you found your keys, I could not go a day much less a wee without mine. Congrats on winning the book.

Susan said...

Losing keys is the bane of my existence........... Glad to know that yours finally came out of hiding.

Your Dear Jane is outstanding. Perhaps I will finish one some day.

corry said...

How lucky you are, finding your carkeys and winning a book! I love the hearts yoyo maker, It's a great toy!

Kim said...

I'm so glad you found your keys :)
I love old trains- could be because my grandfather worked on them when we were young.....