Friday, October 12, 2007

New Quilt Shop, UGRR & Prizes

Inside The Quilted Cottage Quilt Shop

What is more fun than having a new quilt shop open in town? Being able to shop there! We've been without a shop in my city for awhile until this week when The Quilted Cottage opened its doors. The owners are so energetic. My friend, Jane and I stopped on our way home from sewing for the UGRR. We were both very pleased with the friendly atmosphere, lovely decor and attention to detail displayed throughout the shop. We were able to choose a free fat quarter, view a quilt show in the classroom, sign up for clubs and draw for a percentage discount. There was also a table devoted to Breast Cancer Awareness with pamphlets and pink roses. This will be a great hangout.
Folded flannel quilt now finished
Speaking of the UGRR, I did make my self imposed deadline for finishing the flannel quilt. It's pictured folded and waiting to be packed. There were five of us sewing yesterday and we managed to finish quite a few quilts. I brought home two tops that were sewn and birthed (but not tied) to finish before the meeting next week. This afternoon I spread one of them on the kitchen table and "here comes Jasper!" As soon as he saw the camera, he started posing.

Jasper stretched out on quilt
Jasper posing on quilt














Barb Johnston on the Heartstrings group posted this Christmas recipe from the book, Cookies to Share - Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country. It's a good one that you might want to share with a friend.

Quilter's Christmas Sugar Cookies

In the dairy section of your supermarket you:
Buy a can of Pillsbury Holiday cookie dough
Slice and decorate. Bake as directed on the package.
RETURN TO QUILTING

And last, but certainly not least, two prizes from my recent blog wins arrived today. The cute embroidered tote bag and recipe file are from Bren at Pieces from Me and the lovely pail full of batik fat quarters is from Alice at The Quilted Giraffe. It was another great mail day and I thank you both for being so generous in offering these gifts.
tote bag, recipe box and can full of batik fat quarters of fabric

17 comments:

~Bren~ said...

What a beautiful shop! How fun to be able to run to the LQS now.
So glad you enjoyed the tote and recipe box. The Farmer's Wife looks a little ticked off, but Joni assures me most Farmer's Wives are ticked off alot! LOL

Unknown said...

Oh lucky you, a quilt store in your area, it looks lovely and bright. Nice mail love.

Rose Johnston said...

Great Mail!!!! and a new LQS is special, i love to be stimulated with new ideas, fabrics etc etc ....enjoy it, its sounds devine!!!!

Kairle Oaks said...

What fun to get gifts in the mail! The quilt shop looks very inviting. Cute picture!

sewkalico said...

You lucky thing - a LQS!, Wonderful prizes and a gorgeous cat!!!

Unknown said...

It seems you are very lucky: a new nice LQS and lovely presents. I hope you enjoy everything. Thanks for sharing the links. Take care.

Kim said...

Jasper looks happy!! Another great mail day!! ANd a LQS- too bad I'm on a fabric diet but I bought 2 books and inlingo 2 today and the disk to work in EQ - hubby said it would be cheaper to buy fabric-lol. Tonight I'm going to get some choc brown embroidery thread to start my chocolate stitcheries.....

MARCIE said...

A new quilt shop! How fun! You are on a lucky streak with all the prizes. Time to go buy a lottery ticket. And I must comment on your morning glories-WOW!

Sweet P said...

The new shop sounds wonderful. I wish a shop like that opened up near me. Your cat posing on the quilt is adorable. He's quite the quilt approval helper. Enjoy your new goodies, they look like a lot of fun.

Silverthimble said...

I love that cookie recpie!

Sue said...

Jasper is a cutie! He reminds me of my kitty, I was trying to baste a baby quilt today and he thought I was trying to play "catch the end of the thread". He was a great help.
Thanks for visiting my blog, hopefully I won't have anything more to write about Nextel, that would be a blessing!

Libby said...

A new quilt shop, a day sewing with friends, and prizes in the mail . . . sounds like a great day *s*

Mama Spark said...

Where's the new shop? I know the Snail's Trail and Fabric Fare(sp). I might have to take a road trip. Jasper and Jack are kindred spirits!! I took some good photos of him today! I also got one of the morning glories for you.

Mary Johnson said...

How nice to have a new shop - enjoy!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Jasper is a big old dollface. Glad that you got a quilt shop in your town again.

Unknown said...

I thought that there were quilt shops on every corner in USA! The recipe is something I could use LOL Your prizes are great.

Quilter Kathy said...

How lucky are you?!?!
A new quilt store AND gifts in the mail!! You better go buy a lottery ticket or something!
PS Love your crazy photohogging cat!