Friday, March 2, 2007

TGIF




The weather continues to be frightful here, although nothing compared to the horrors down south. It is March, so the warmer weather must be coming soon, right? The Tigers are 3 and 0 in spring training!!!!

This afternoon I stitched a few hug blocks and tonight the Mumbo Gumbo challenge from my sister, Connie, received its first quilting stitches. This quilt is definitely not in my comfort zone and I toned it down considerably. It will be donated someplace after our local quilt show in April.

The variety of blocks and quilts being made for Heartstrings has caught my attention and I'm eager to do some string blocks. Maybe there will be time after the MG quilting tomorrow.

8 comments:

Sweet P said...

So Detroit is 3-0. That's a good start. I watched the new Japanese for the Red Sox pitch last night. He's good. I can't wait for opening day.

Elaine Adair said...

Such pretty blocks - bright and fresh -- they look like happiness! LOVE string quilts - almost every one is a keeper, including this one of yours!

swooze said...

I love that quilt. What is the pattern?

Libby said...

I like your blocks - will enjoy seeing what they become. Gosh, baseball already. Seems like we just finished the World Series. Soon it will be a year round season *s*

Jennie said...

Love your Quilt for an Hour quilt. I might have to print that one off and try it!!

Leigh said...

Love your blocks I have a thing for star blocks. I especially loved your hour a day quilt the colors are gorgeous. Very "me".

Judy said...

Mumbo Gumbo would be out of my comfort zone too - but I love looking at it! Here near Chicago everyone is hoping that this is the year for the Cubs. They always get so close.

Sharon said...

Oh my! Mumbo Gumbo is definitely *bright*. Which is funny since I have a round robin quilt that I made with some friends that is definitely brighter but doesn't seem to "hit" me that same way.

Your quilt blocks are lovely. . .and in reading down through your blog I have to tell you I really had to study your Hour A Day quilt. . . and still don't see what points you said are going the wrong way. I did finally find the 4 patches that your sister noticed, but, as a dear departed friend once said, "if a blind man on a galloping horse won't see it. . . leave it alone". So that is my piece of advice for you.

Have a happy!