Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!



I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day. It was a lovely day here shared between a visit to my mom's and being visited at home by Mike, Simone and JJ. Simone cooked a wonderful dinner for us and they all gave me pretty flowers to plant outside around the house . The Wisconsin section of our family, Kari, Craig, Abby & Ian, called to send their wishes and sent lovely flowers from Hallmark. I could get used to the extra attention.

Our quilt show is now history. I haven't heard how well we did in attendance figures, but the next guild meeting is Wednesday. I'm sure the details will be shared with everyone then.

I played with the string blocks I have made so far. Jasper and Annie immediately showed their approval of the star design. I may have to use that as my starting point.


7 comments:

Silverthimble said...

It sounds like your Mother's Day was perfect! I agree with the two cats--the star setting for your string blocks is a keeper!

swooze said...

Nice flowers! I love the quilt and the quilt inspectors! Can't wait to see the finish :D.

Elaine Adair said...

You are partially responsible for my overactive sewing weekend! I saw your lovely string blocks, as well as several string quilts at www.quiltville.com, and I was off to the races! 88 blocks later ... most of them are sewed together, except I need more background white. You contributed to my SEWING FRENZY! LOL - thank you - I had a great time.

On the cat subject, if the scientists can figure out every detail in the life of ants, why don't they know what goes on in the mind of a cat, when a cat just cannot let a quilt-on-the-floor alone?

Greenmare said...

The cats are on to something! I agree with them. thanks for showing your sting blocks, I have a box of stings, but haven't gotten to actually sewing yet, too many others works in progress.

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Mother's Day...you deserve all the attention...enjoy!

Hanne said...

Your string blocks are lovely - and so are your cats :-)

Tonya Ricucci said...

yes, kitties must always help with the quilt layout - it's a biological imperative.