Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sniff, sniff & Stash Report 3

Redwork block featuring a heart
Redwork block about marking fabrics

It seems like everyone has a cold and I hate to feel left out. Since the weather outside has been frigid, I don't mind staying in as much. I've worked on my bonus stitcheries from Bea's BOM. I also did the stitching for another armchair caddy that Helen designed.

red fabric basket about five inches wide using three rows of half square triangles that Shirley was throwing away
At the retreat last week-end, I worked on another DNP quilt for the UGRR and spent way too much time on two challenges that both involved ugly fabric. Shirley at the next table started giving me her cut off triangles and the pile grew to something I thought I could use to make a little fabric basket. The half square triangles finish at one inch. Before we left for home, I gave it to her to remind her that little scraps can be used to make something.


Here's my stash report for Week 3

Fabric added this week: 2 yards
Fabric added year to date: 11.5 yards

Fabric used this week: 16.5 yards
Fabric used year to date: 21 yards

Net fabric busted: 9.5 yards!!!!!!

15 comments:

Lurline said...

I can imagine how many colds there are about - get well soon. At least you have been getting some nice stitching done!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Quilter Kathy said...

I have a nasty cold too, but as you said, everyone here has it!This scrap bag is adorable! Do you have a pattern for it??

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh I bet Shirley loved getting her cast off scraps back in the form of that cute little basket! Great job. Hope you feel better soon. In the meantime - looks like you are keeping busy with your nice stitcheries. Cheers! Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanne, hope you are feeling better soon.Oh My, it is amazing what you can make out of scraps.Love your stitcheries. Regards Lyn

Anonymous said...

Lucky Shirley. I would love to have one of those little bags. So, if our paths ever cross, be prepared to put your hand in your pocket and find it's full of triangles I put there. LOL.

Cheryl said...

You do such wonderful stitcheries! Sorry about the cold thing. Stay bundled up!!

Gina said...

Love the idea of using those samll scraps for a basket

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Feel better. I love that little fabric basket, well done!

Fabricmom said...

What a great way to use scraps. I love the basket.

The Calico Cat said...

congrats on that stashbusting!

*karendianne. said...

What a sweet little fabric basket and check out your busted stash! Hope you're feeling better and better as the day goes by...

Greenmare said...

the teeny half square triangles are adorable, I'll be sending you a bunch in just a minute!!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Good job on using the stash!

Keep warm and feel bette soon :)

Christine said...

Your Quilter's Blessings blocks look great. I have 3 left to stitch. Hope you feel better soon.
Christine

Kim said...

No cold here, but the allergy season is alive and well - those pesky dust-mites!! As always you have some fun things going on here in your sewing room. Love that bag.