Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yea, it's May

Happy May to everyone! It's one of my favorite months of the year.

Bridge over the Ohio River leading into Paducah
Back to the Paducah trip - Day One... Connie and I arrived in Paducah on Monday afternoon just after lunch time. Since it was too early to check in, we headed over to Hancock's. For not needing anything, we both filled our bags pretty full. FYI, Hancock's didn't sponsor the Best of Show this year. In fact, they didn't sponsor anything. We learned this after our shopping trip.

We also checked out Hobby Lobby and found hardly any fabric or books! They used to have loads of bolts and books on sale. Another one to cross off of our list in the future.

Water Wheel at Patti's
For dinner, we drove to Grand Rivers to eat at Patti's 1880 Settlement. This was our first time there even though we've been to Paducah seventeen times. The grounds were in bloom and the food was delicious! There were several gift shops around the restaurant. One of them had chicken chairs on the porch. The water wheel and flowers brought my camera out.

I haven't even unzipped my bag with the new fabric yet. It is full of mostly all Jo Morton fabrics. Connie and I had fun hunting the booths for them.

More soon.

chicken chairs at Patti's

red tulips at Patti's

Last night I started cutting the strips for the Orange Crush Mystery Quilt - Step Two. Do you think I can find my Easy Angle ruler? Of course not, so the strips remain strips.

strips for Orange Crush mystery step two

10 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Beautiful photo of the bridge...

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohhh...what a beautiful place...love it...and you seem to have had a wonderful time...and I guess a LOT of inspiration!!

Unknown said...

May is also my favorite month.

Rhonda said...

Absolutely picture perfect of the waterwheel!
I'm working on step 2 of OC too.... and sneaking some of step 3 in! :D

Angie said...

Hi Jeanne, thanks for stopping by my poor little neglected blog. :) I do so little sewing anymore that I finally decided to just post about whatever I AM doing and that's mostly outside. :) All of your photos are beautiful! And this was your 17th!!! trip to Paducah???? Wow, I would love to go one of these days! :) Those strawberries are absolutely unbelievable! They are from South Carolina, and are so sweet they taste like they've been dipped in sugar. Come on over and we'll have strawberries and whipped creme on the porch! :)

Carol E. said...

Love that photo of the water wheel & flowers. I forgot that May 1 had come and gone.. finally did my drawing, and guess what. You won the free book (They Named me Marjorie)!!! Send me your address and I'll get it right off to you. Congratulations!

Carin said...

What a great photo of the water wheel!

Debi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Paducah. I have only been once many years ago, but I loved it and shopping at Hancocks of Paducah.

Karen said...

The chicken chairs a real hoot! I'm a chicken collector.

Libby said...

What beautiful photos . . . and those chicken chairs are just a hoot *s*