Friday, February 20, 2009

Busy Week

love stitchery bom

merry stitchery bom
Some days I feel busier than I did when the kids were little! Must be that I'm slowing down? No, that can't be it.

I made progress on my stitchery from Gail Pan by adding the borders that were listed on the pattern. Ready for March now. These are fun and fast to do.

Here's another arm chair sewing caddy from Helen's Hugs And Kisses blog pattern. I love how this makes up. This one I donated to my guild for their "Needful Things" table at our upcoming quilt show in March. If you will be mid-Michigan the end of March, you can get all of the details for our quilt show by clicking on the Piecemaker's Quilt Guild link on my sidebar.

pink and brown arm chair sewing caddy for guild's sale table at the quilt show

Today was another first for me. I handed over my Carolina Crossroads quilt top (made from Bonnie Hunter's first online mystery) to a local LA quilter to be finished in time for the quilt show. She does wonderful work and comes highly recommended. I know I'll never get to finish all of the tops in my pile if I wait for me to quilt them. I added a small dark green border and then a six inch floral that I thought looked perfect with it.

red and green scrappy mystery quilt



















Since I didn't get a stash report done last week, I'll do a combined one this Sunday. I have added a few yards.....

Oh, and Debi emailed that I won her fq bundle! Can't wait to see them up close. Debi is the creator and organizer of the Fall Into Fall and Whirling Into Winter Giveaways.

Khris kindly nominated me for these blog awards for striving for excellence in my hobbies or quilting. Thank you, Khris.

mega blog award logo
blog dorado logo

17 comments:

Cathi said...

Congratulations, Jeanne. I saw you'd won that blog contest!
Your Gail Pan blocks look marvelous! I've got the designs downloaded and hope to get them traced this weekend.

That's a super sewing caddy!

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations on your big win. Love all your progresses. Thank you for the pattern for the armchair caddy. Have printed it off and hope to have one soon.

Teresa said...

EVerything looks fantastic!

Teresa said...

EVerything looks fantastic!

Mary Johnson said...

Your mystery quilt looks gorgeous. Even with a longarm - my tops seem to sit around a long time waiting for quilting!

Lurline said...

congrats, Jeanne - thatnks for the armchair pattern - have filed it away! Your Carolina crossroads is just lovely!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Quilter Kathy said...

You sure have been busy!
I am taking my Gail Pan blocks to retreat.
Love the borders on the CC mystery!
I'm voting for your quilt for "best of show" and I'm not even going to see the rest! It's my DH's birthday, so I'm not even going to ask to take off that weekend, since I missed Valentine's Day!!!

Libby said...

I hope your arm chair caddy is going to be in an auction for the guild fundraiser. I think the price would go pretty high *s*

Mama Spark said...

Hey, wanna make one of those caddies for me?? LOL I see how busy you are but how come you aren't joining in on my house BOM?? = )

julieQ said...

Looks like you have had a wonderful week! Some great finishes and now the anticipation of getting your quilt back from the quilters...fun!

MAMACRAFTY said...

ROFL!~! I was surfing quilting blogs and ran across yours!~!
How are you doing?

Susan said...

I love your little sewing caddy, such nicely done embroidery. You are doing well, staying up with Gail Pan's designs. I think you picked the perfect border fabric for your mystery quilt.

bingo~bonnie said...

love yor Gail Pan blocks...I've been following along with that BOM and saving them. Not gonna start until my Quilter's Blessings are done.. but they are so simple and pretty.

I clicked your pics to make larger, and it appears that your background is a creamy color? yes? I like the boarders you've added already... I forget who it was but someone out there already added their boarders to all of their blocks.

Can't wait to revisit and see more of your projects -and lucky YOU! for winning the Blog-give-aways! ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love your arm chair caddy...I can't get over how different they all look depending on the colours used...I really like your version.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Jeanne! Well done on a February finish for the OPAM Challenge!! Have popped it on my sreadsheet to put you in the end of month draw! And the sewing caddy looks great! I bet someone will enjoy using this when they stitch. And your quilt looks fabulous too - the dark green and floral match your other colours perfectly. Have a great weekend! Bear Hugs!

Unknown said...

The quilt is beautiful. I love the colors of the fabrics in the armchair caddy.

bingo~bonnie said...

I forgot to mention earlier that I LOVE the boarder fabric you added to your mystery quilt!!!! It's perfect! ;)

happy weekend! ~bonnie