Saturday, February 28, 2009

Farewell February

box of fabrics and note cards from Debi
Carolina Crossroads quilt

Jasper outside the kitchen window above the sink

February's finally finished! It ends on a high note each year as today is my first born's birthday. It's a 0 event, too. Happy 40th birthday, Kari! (I was a negative 12 when I gave birth.)

Look at the beautiful box of fabrics (22 fat quarters) and note cards I received from Debi! Seeing those pretty colors inside the box sure lifted my spirits.

Here's a picture of my CC quilt. If you enlarge the picture you can see the crazy curls pattern that was quilted in an allover design. I'm used to little quilts. This one seems huge, but I love it.

Jasper wanted to go outside today so I let him out the back door while I washed the dishes. In less than ten minutes, this is what I saw above my kitchen sink.

The Detroit Tigers played their first spring training game on Wednesday. I have Game Day Audio so I can hear the games online. It makes it feel closer to spring when I hear the announcers calling the balls and strikes.

16 comments:

Cathi said...

Your quilt looks fabulous!!
Guess Jasper didn't want to stay out there! :-)
Lovely fabric gift. Have you got plans for it?

Kari said...

Thank you Mom!!! So young when you gave birth..... Thanks for giving me a start in this world and being a great mom. love you!!!

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! I just love your new quilt! Love the fabrics that you used!
Kristie

Greenmare said...

it all looks sooooooooooooooo fabulous! poor Jasper, he chose poorly.

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to Kari! Her birthday is in february's last day and my is in February first!

Anonymous said...

How sweet to see your own daughter left such a great post! Your CC quilt is beautiful and I had to post a comment just because of the kitty photo....made me smile real big!

Latane Barton said...

Sweet kitty. Guess he didn't like it outside so much after all.

Coleen said...

Guess it's still too cold for Jasper.

I love your quilt!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeanne, your CC quilt is beautiful.Happy birthday to Kari...Lovely bundle of fabrics.Regards Lyn

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on a great finish!
That photo of Jasper is so adorable!
Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Dionne said...

Your Carolina Crossroads is beautiful, it's one I have on my list to make one of these days!
Cheers,
Dionne

Days and colors said...

Happy belated birthday to Kari! Your quilt is just beautiful! And the fabrics you got are great, too.

*karendianne. said...

I love your quilt and the quilting is great but okay - Jasper is stealing the show. He's hilarious here. Gosh. What a great crack up this is.

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

Negative 12....well that makes you MUCH younger than me. Sigh...

Your quilt is beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person.

Mary Johnson said...

Well, I usually just tell people I was 12 when I had my oldest son but - 12 works too.

Love the CC -- it is a big one isn't it. Nice job on the top for the quilt shop too. I'm curious, will you get to keep the top when they're done displaying it?

The Calico Cat said...

How cute - was Jasper asking to come right back in?

My girl begs to go out into the stairwell - after a quick scratch scratch on the carpet out there she is ready to com back in... (They both wander further in the starwell when it is warmer.)