Monday, February 2, 2009

Higher Education

It's never too late to learn so I've enrolled in a fabulous university. Our school colors are navy blue and burgundy and the school is Moda University! I need to catch up on the BOTM that were given out before I joined, er enrolled. At our next "class" I will be assigned to a sorority. I think this will be a great experience and lots of fun.

I finished the last of the 16 stitcheries from Bea at Capricorn Quilts. This was a very enjoyable BOM. Now I need to set the blocks.

Redwork stitchery with saying quilt shops around the world

It was Fantastic Friday at The Quilted Cottage and I was able to finish two more Valentine baskets. They are so addictive. We were each given a FQ of football fabric in honor of The Super Bowl. Wasn't that a great game?

Two Valentine fabric baskets

Yesterday, I finally finished the cutting for the guild mystery quilt and began sewing a few segments of Step 2. I think the cutting took longer than the rest of the quilt. I have a few weeks to catch up before the final step is given out in March.

I'm way behind on reading my Bloglines, so maybe I can catch up tonight.

14 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Jeanne,
I've seen those patterns at Capricorn Quilts when I've downloaded the OUAT designs there. Haven't started stitching those yet, but they sure are cute. You've really been busy...all those valentine bags...very nice!

Pam said...

Your Valentine Baskets are darling! My sister just started sewing (at age 55!) so I am planning to make her a basket and fill it with notions.

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
mycreativemind@pamgwillim.com

Greenmare said...

cute little baskets. do you think you will fill them with chocolate and send them out into the world to make bloggers happy?........... just a thought! ;-)

Ruthie said...

I LOVE your valentine baskets.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your Cpricorn quilt block looks great and how cute are your Valentine Baskets...

Rhonda said...

Very cute Valetine baskets! Bea's stitcheries are great. I have mine saved.... one of these days....

Lisa Boyer said...

Ah ha!! Another poor soul hopelessly addicted to making Pink Penguin's fabric baskets! Can no one stop us (I hope not...)??? Love your cute little pink Valentine versions and the red patchwork-y one!

Khris said...

Well done with all the Capricorn blocks...I didnt get to do all mine unfortunately. Been away 3 months on holiday and only just now catching up on blogs I havent had a chance to read while I was away...hugs Khris

2ne said...

Nice baskets you have made. Nice blog you have. Take care and have a good week end

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on your educational pursuits...that's what I call "higher learning"!
I still have a couple more of Bea's stitcheries to do. Look forward to seeing what you do with the blocks!
Your baskets are so adorable...I must learn how to make these!

Anonymous said...

I've seen these little fabric baskets on several blogs....I don't recall ric-rac....ADORABLE!!!

Khris said...

Hey Jeanney...I have nominated you for an award...please pop over to my blog to see why..hugs Khris

Unknown said...

The baskets are so cute :)

bingo~bonnie said...

Moda University??? I've never heard of such. Is this an online thing or thru your local quilt store??? if on line can you share a link?

I use to feel like I was taking online classes back when QNN first started. I'd sit at my computer with my notbook.. LOL

Congratulations on finishing up your Quilter's Blessings BOMs! How exciting! I've just started this year and am on block 3 so I sort of feel ahead hahaha. ;)

OH and those Valentine baskets you made are so super cute! You have to make up one or more for your next blog give away OK?? :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie